Bishop Marvin L. Sapp has been the subject of impersonators and fake social media pages for almost a decade. It is a problem that literally spreads like a wildfire - we shut one down and five more pop up.
Our office is in frequent contact with executives at social media platforms to take down fake pages. Unfortunately, technology has made it easier for scam artists to create elaborate schemes to prey on innocent, unsuspecting people. It causes Bishop Sapp and our office great stress that scammers take such broad measures to impersonate Bishop Sapp. It is equally distressing that you may have been victimized by these people.
Bishop Marvin L. Sapp does not contact anyone directly FOR ANY REASON on social media through direct messages, text message, phone calls, emails, or otherwise. If you receive any communication at all on his behalf or have been contacted FOR ANY REASON, it is an impersonator and you should not respond, reply or provide any of your personal information. If someone told you that they need your financial or other information so that someone can send you money (for example, including and not limited to fake checks) from Bishop Marvin L. Sapp - it is a scam. If you are a victim of a social media, email, or phone scams,
take the following steps:
• Stop all contact with the scam artist and block his or her phone numbers, direct messages, and email
• Keep copies of all communications.
• Report the matter to the social media platform's website. (Ex. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Report the matter to your local police department.
• Report the matter to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Internet Crime Complaint Center online at
• Report the matter to the Federal Trade Commission as follows:
Federal Trade Commission
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20580
(877) 382-4357 or TTY: (866) 653-4261
Hopefully, this information was helpful to you. If you would like to follow Bishop Sapp via social media, please click on the links at the bottom of the page. These links will take you to Bishop Marvin L. Sapp's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter pages, & YouTube channel. Please be careful and safe.